There is a gene you can have that makes you more likely to get breast and ovarian cancer that is hereditary. What gene is that?

BRCA mutation. The gene is called brca, and mutations in this gene are associated with an increased risk of breast and ovarian cancer. Check out this link for more info: www.Cancer.Gov/cancertopics/.../brca.
BRCA1, BRCA2, others. There are a few genes which when changed increase the risk for breast cancer and ovarian cancer. These genes are present in all persons (male and female) and in the normal state work to prevent cancer. When these genes are changed, risk for cancer increases. Genes that when changed can increase the risk for breast and ovarian cancer include: BRCA1, BRCA2, and other more rare genes such as TP53.