Will i need a referral in order to see a surgeon about a breast reduction or can I just go to a plastic surgeon on my own?

Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends...

If you have a ppo insurance or plan to pay “out-of-pocket” then you will be able to see any plastic surgeon you wish.
If, on the other hand, you are covered by an hmo insurance, your primary care physician will need to refer you.

In brief: Depends...

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti

In brief: Specialist Referrals

Depends on your insurance.
If you have ppo insurance you can schedule an appointment with a plastic surgeon without a referral. Which surgeon you can see depends on your benefits. If you are with an hmo or ipa you will need a referral from your primary care physician. Hope this helps.

In brief: Specialist Referrals

Depends on your insurance.
Dr. Michael Zadeh
Dr. Michael Zadeh
Dr. Jane Van Dis