Scared of talking with my psychologist about sexual child abuse. Need some reassurance?

In brief: Embarrasement

In therapy, your goal is to let go of fixed ways of looking at your life and behaviors, rethink and redirect them and move forward to a happier life.
The abuse has power over you, or you wouldn't have difficulty.Discussing it with a trusted doc can help you let go of a fixed idea.You are not defined by the events, but by the whole person you are and can be. Do the work to gain the benefits.

In brief: Embarrasement

This is very good advice. I hope our correspondent will have the courage to act on this.
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Fear

If you are not comfortable talking with your Psychologist then find another Psychologist whom you can trust.

In brief: Fear

Dr. Cindy Juster