Slit on bottom of my earlobe from torn earring hasn't healed. Where do I go!?

Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: To a surgeon...
Plastic or facial plastic.
This is a pretty common procedure for most plastic surgeons. The edges have to be freshened and then repaired together, usually in the office with local anesthesia. Sutures are removed in about a week. After the earlobe is well healed, it can be repierced (i do this for the patients whose ears I have repaired.).

In brief: To a surgeon...
Plastic or facial plastic.
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Zahid Niazi
Cosmetic Surgery
In brief: Ear lobule repair
A stretched torn ear lobule can be repaired ; contoured to an improved shape by plastic/cosmetic surgeons as an office based procedure.
An ear stud can be placed immediately by a local flap technique during the repair. In the longterm, patients are advised to not wear heavy, dangling earrings to minimize recurrence of problem.

In brief: Ear lobule repair
Dr. Zahid Niazi
Dr. Zahid Niazi
Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Get it repaired
We do this in the office frequently, both for males and females.
Local anesthesia is used. Sutures are placed. The sutures come out in about a week. We have patients hold off on re-piercing for a while, and then not have them pierce through the small scar.

In brief: Get it repaired
Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Dr. Andrea Brand