What to do if i'm scared about having an operation to remove a fibroadenoma because of the general anaesthetic. What is general anaesthetic like?

Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Ask about a local!

You might not need a general anesthetic.
Ask your doctor if the surgery can be done under a local anesthetic with sedation. If not, what are your fears about general anesthesia? Tell the anesthesiologist these fears and get your questions answered. I think you'll feel better.

In brief: Ask about a local!

Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Ionel Rad
It depends how big and where the fibroadenoma is. The anesthesiologist and the surgeon will discuss with you the anesthetic needed. Ask them both plenty of questions so that your concerns are addressed.
Dr. Adam Levy