Cavity in lower back molar give you jaw pain?

Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

Yes, see your dentist.

Yes, see your dentist.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Sure can

You should see a dentist.
If there is an abscess in the tooth ( a collection of pus ) in the tooth this could certainly cause pain in the jaw. I would see a dentist asap.

In brief: Sure can

You should see a dentist.
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld

The decay could be into the nerve (pulp) of the tooth causing an infection.
The infection can spread beyond the roots of the tooth and get into the bone and bloodstream, creating the pain. You may also be avoiding chewing on that side of the mouth, which could be creating an imbalance in your bite and the jaw joints.

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Scott Williams
Dentistry

In brief: Absolutely

The lower molars are very close to the nerve the give sensation to most of the jaw.
An irritation and.Or infection in this area can certainly cause jaw pain. However, this is not the only reason for jaw pain which can also be caused by grinding, jaw problems, heart attack and other various problems. I recommend a good dental exam to begin with.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Scott Williams
Dr. Scott Williams
Dr. Andrea Brand