How to tell if I am allergic to animal flea bites?

Insect bites. You would get local reactions to any type of insect bites since they all release some type of venoms in their bites. If there are local reactions only, even if it is a large swelling, it only needs to be treated symptomatically. If you have a systemic reaction, breathing problems or nauseat vomiting, you need to see an allergist to be evaluated and tested for.