I'm afraid of getting an endoscopy. Will they give me anesthesia?

Yes. Most endoscopies are performed with light sedation, utilizing an analgesic and sedative. These two usually do very well alone. These are not considered as general anesthesia. There is an anesthetic commonly used though for these types of procedures that has a greater sedative effect. It requires an additional health care provider to be present though. Endoscopies are low risk & well tolerated.
Yes. We always use sedation with Propofol anesthesia in the office. On other hand endoscopy is done unsedated in asia and most ENT docs do transnasal endoscopy with a smaller endoscope with no sedation. Prior to any procedure, you need to ask your doctor what type of sedation they are using.
Very safe. Anesthesia for endoscopy is very safe in the hands of an experienced anesthesiologist. Make sure they monitor your ekg, blood pressure, oxygen saturation and breathing with capnography.
Yes. You will have an IV and be sedated.
Yes. Depending on the type of endoscopy being performed, anesthesia is available and frequently used. However, this may not adequately address why you are afraid. Being afraid of complications, pain, cancer, etc. Are all valid fears but anesthesia only addresses pain. You should consult with your doctor about your fear as well as inquire about the types of anesthesia available.
Yes. Either the endoscopist give you some sedative agents, or they ask anesthesia to provide the medications. Either way you will not be aware for the procedure.
Mild sedation. General anesthesia is usually not needed for endoscopy. Most adults can easily tolerate the procedure with mild sedation. For safety however, the sedation should be monitored by someone other than the person doing the procedure.