I am having nitrous oxide at dentist (laughing gas), should I be concerned?

In brief: Normally not

I am sure the dentist will have a thorough health history with you and made you aware of any potential problems.
Normally, the dentist and assistant will be monitoring the procedure if you have any difficulties.

In brief: Normally not

In brief: Usually not

Unless you have medical complications preventing nitrous oxide use, it is fairly pleasant.
You don't usually go to sleep, but you just don't seem to care what is going on. It is like having a couple of martinis, but all sensation is reversed at the end of the procedure when you are flushed with oxygen. No side effects.

In brief: Usually not

Dr. Peter Karsant
Dentistry

In brief: N2O

Some people like it because it relaxes them and they feel as though they have had a couple of glasses of wine.
Other people hate it as it makes them uncomfortable and some say claustrophobic. Good news is room air gets it out of your system very fast within a minute or two so try it first before you commit to a procedure. Have your dentist or md let you try it first.

In brief: N2O

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Not concerned

No, you shouldn't be concerned.
You should be delighted that your dentist has ; uses it. The vast majority of patient love getting it. It relaxes you, makes time past faster, takes the edge off and an all around better experience. Only the few individuals who are control freaks or claustrophobic dislike it. It often negates the need for local anesthetic. Try it. Love it. Just eat very light before.

In brief: Not concerned

No, you shouldn't be concerned.
Dr. William Forsythe