What could it mean when I have pain in the upper right part of my chest, like right under my collar bone? It hurts when I try to breathe in.

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Pain inChest

Most probabely you have costochondritis which is quite common, but without examination it is difficult to be sur.Since it hurts when you breathe, it could be pleuritic pain.
You need to see your doctor have him check you and if he feels you need xray to meke the diagnosis, he will order that and find the cause.Costochondritis can be trated with anti inflammatory pain meds, but other conditions are diff.

In brief: Pain inChest

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology