On my left leg where my varicose veins are, my leg has been aching & hurting so bad. I don't know what to do, rush to the doctor or what?

Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: Seek care

If any of your veins are hard, lumpy, warm, red, tender, and/or swollen, you could have phlebitis and you should see your doctor right away.
Regardless, you should talk to your doctor about your varicose veins and see what can be done about taking care of your varicose veins. It sounds like a visit to a vein specialist would be a good idea.

In brief: Seek care

Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King

In brief: Maybe

Venous insufficiency can cause leg aches and hurting. They can also cause swelling, itching, burning and restless leg symptoms. If you have significant swelling and pain in your calf when you walk, this could be a sign of a deep vein thrombosis (clot) and this does require immediate attention (er - now). If not, see a phlebologist (vein doc).

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Scott Grover
Dr. Scott Grover
Dr. Tom Harrington

In brief: Varicose veins

If the symptoms are just aching and not swelling and posterior calf pain- i suspect but could not diagnose without seeing you that the problem is not deep vein thrombosis which is the worrisome phlebitis or blood clot.
Sometimes the superficial veins or varicose veins become inflammed ie red, tender, and warm and are easily treated. Certainly the aching and the varicosities may not be related.

In brief: Varicose veins

Dr. Tom Harrington
Dr. Tom Harrington
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery