What is a medial meniscus displacement? What can be done to fix the displacement?

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Out of place

My guess: displacement means it is pushed/displaced from its original location from some type of injury/trauma i.
E a tear. If it is slight and not causing pain, you may not nee to do anything. If it is causing some discomort, motrin/aleve and physical therapy/knee rehab may help. If still persistent, you may need to see an ortho for a possible surgical correction .. Consult your doc... Good luck.

In brief: Out of place

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Allen Lu
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Out of place

It just means the the tear is in a position that is not normal or anatomic.
It does not predict whether it could be repaired or not at the time of an arthroscopic surgery.

In brief: Out of place

Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine