6-year old was picked up and started crying. She seems to have a stiff neck now. What should we do?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me help
Whenever you childe have stiff neck, we have to be concern, many reasons.
Could be sign of meningitis, could be sign of subluxation of the neck bone. Please check it out. Thank you.

In brief: Let me help
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Michael Amster
In brief: Any other probs?
Stiff neck most likely is a muscle pull or a contusion.
I would ask calm but directed questions (remember, they can get defensive) to see if perhaps there was an activity recently that caused a minor injury. If she truly cannot move the neck, or there is corresponding fever, a doctor should intervene. Otherwise a warm compress and ibuprofen, and see if the situation improves.

In brief: Any other probs?
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster