Can irritable bowel syndrome be associated with Crohn's disease

Yes. Remember , IBS is a syndrome that is characterized by symptoms, although there are some anatomical changes in these patients colons that have been identified. There is not a causative relationship between these two disorders. A person with undiagnosed chron's may have symptoms identical to ibs. Likewise, a person with IBS could also develop chron's.
Yes. If fifteen percent of the population has ibs. Then 15 percent of crohns patients may have ibs. How can one distinguish between crohns and ibs. Ibs should not lead to blood in the stool, fevers or nocturnal wakening due to pain or weight loss.