I have lower abdominal pain , since my c-section 3 years ago. What could it be? My doctor looks at me crazy, and tells me everything is ok.

Dr. Wayne Ingram
In brief: Adhesions
Sometimes in the process of healing, "scar tissue" develops which can cause abdominal pain especially on sudden movement.
Often the bowel "sticks" to other intra-abdominal structures such as the bladder, uterine c/s site, or other locations.

In brief: Adhesions
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Renee Harris
In brief: Might be scar tissue
Sometimes we develop scar tissue internally from the surgery and this can cause pain.
If your pelvic ultrasound and exam were normal and this pain bothers you, you may want to consider a diagnostic lapariscopy-a minor surgery to look inside and remove any scar tissue and to make sure you don't have endometriosis.

In brief: Might be scar tissue
Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery