Names of over-the-counter sleeping pills? I just need for my travel.

In brief: One option.

Melatonin is readily available over the counter ; it works with your natural sleep – wake cycle.

In brief: One option.

Dr. Mohammed Parvez

In brief: Tyelenol pm

Check with you doctor first to find if these medicined are safe for you.

In brief: Tyelenol pm

Dr. Mohammed Parvez
Dr. Mohammed Parvez
2 comments
Dr. Robert Killian
In my practice I encourage my patients to avoid 'branded' products such as Tylenol PM or Advil PM. Tylenol or Advil are not helpful in causing sedation. The PM part of these medications is the generic form of Benadryl. It is Benadryl that helps with sedation. It would be better on your liver or kidneys to just use Benadryl. There are also herbal options over the counter such as Melatonin.
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
I vote for no Benadryl (unless having a severe allergic reaction) which has this nasty idiosyncratic (can happen even if you have taken it and no problems with it before) reaction called TD (Tardive Dyskinesia) with flailing (swing wildly) of your limbs, and there is not a good treatment available. Work hard through the day, sleep hygiene, a warm shower and a gentle massage by night.
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: OTC Sleep Aides

I would caution you against using any branded otc sleep aid like tylenol (acetaminophen) or advil pm.
Tylenol (acetaminophen) or advil are not in any way needed or effective in helping you sleep. The pm part of these common medications is just the generic form of benadryl. It is Benadryl that causes sedation. Other people often also use melatonin, an herbal product that helps millions of people who need this occasionally.

In brief: OTC Sleep Aides

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Eric Weisman