Foot arch bruising and pain? Do I need more arch support or do I have too much arch in the shoe?

Dr. Michael Wynn
Podiatry
In brief: Arch Pain
Arch pain can be caused, by both to little, or to much arch.
.. It is better to see a podiatrist and get custom orthotics that are made for "your" arch..

In brief: Arch Pain
Dr. Michael Wynn
Dr. Michael Wynn
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry
In brief: Arch pain
Generally, arch pain means you are overworking the ligaments and tendons that attach or stretch across your arch.
Your foot type (high arch, low arch) does play a role, but a minor one. Arch supports are advised if your arch has too much motion and is causing inflammation in the area. I'd recommend icing and rest first, then routine stretching of the calf muscle to loosen tension on the arch.

In brief: Arch pain
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Pamela Kirby
Podiatry
In brief: See your local podia
I think that.
Is something you need to see your local podiatrist about.

In brief: See your local podia
I think that.
Dr. Pamela Kirby
Dr. Pamela Kirby
In brief: Could be too much
To receive an answer that will be more helpful for you , you need to give more information.
..Your health status, any problems such as gout, diabetes or blood pressure concerns.You should state how long it has been a problem and what you do to make it feel better.Also tells us what it looks like..Is it discolored, swollen or point tender.The more you tell the better the answer.

In brief: Could be too much
Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Steven Frydman
In brief: Biomechanics
The type of biomechanics of your feet have a great deal to do with what type of orthotic to use.
Often spenco rx orthotic arch support at amazon.Com is an inexpensive alternative to see if a functional orthotic may help. A podiatrist evaluation may be helpful. http://drmallia.tripod.com.

In brief: Biomechanics
Dr. Richard Mallia
Dr. Richard Mallia