I have irritable bowel syndrome, is there a cure?

Control. Diet high in fiber, controll of the triggering event and consider treatment to improve the intestinal seratonin. There is some evidence supporting ibs as partially caused by aby serationin receptors in the GI tract . Treatments vary but controlling triggers and stress help control this. Some people have target organs for stress some have headache, stomach pain and some ibs.
Diet and fluids. And probiotics seem to help if patient is compliant. Eat a high fi=ber diet, regular meal times and portions and drink 80-100 oz of caffeine free, alcohol free fluid daily.