I have possible CSF leak. Everytime i bend over, or push, for the past yr, after a 2 mo. Headache and spinal tap, i hear a thump in one ear. Csf leak?

Dr. Jefferson Chen
Neurosurgery

In brief: Difficult question

Not exactly sure of the history, but it seems that you are saying that you hear a thump in the ear when you bend or push.
There was a 2 month history of headache and spinal tap. This is unusual and is not the typical symptom of CSF leak. That is usually headaches when you stand up with improvement when you lay down. There are some special MRI studies that can check for CSF hypotension.

In brief: Difficult question

Dr. Jefferson Chen
Dr. Jefferson Chen
Dr. Lois Freisleben-Cook
CSF leak, a recent report I am hearing about right now in an EDS conference demonstrated that 18 percent of pts [presenting with CSF leak had connective Tissue disease i.e. Ehlers Danlos Syndrome