Pain in my foot, worse on toes wearing heels. Any ideas?

Ball of foot pain. Pain in the ball of the foot has multiple causes....Especially in heels. Remember, your foot was not designed for heels. Metatarsalgia, capsulitis, tendonitis, entrapped nerves, stress fractures, neuromas are just a few of the issues.... See a specialist and get an x-ray and an examination...
Neuroma. Pain in the ball of the foot and in the toes which is worse with tight shoe gear or high heel shoes may be caused by an neuroma. A neuroma is an enlargement of a forefoot nerve from chronic irritation.
Front Foot Pressure. When you wear high heels greater than 2 inches high, the amount of body weight is shifted forward to the ball of the foot instead of the heel, which was designed to bear the brunt of the body weight. Too much pressure in the ball of the foot may atrophy the fat pad and cause arthritis. Try to wear the high heels on rare occasions and stretch your achilles tendon.