How can I get rid of pimples with antibiotics?

Dr. John Leander Po
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: PART 2
Emphasis should be placed on minimizing the conditions that promote pimple formation, including the practice of good hygiene, avoiding situations where ingrown hairs that form, and speedy identification and treatment of a pimple before it spreads.
At the end of the day, a discussion or a referral will be appropriate to discuss your individual conditions and reasons for pimple treatment.

In brief: PART 2
Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. John Leander Po
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Not that simple...
Depending on what caused your pimples, antibiotics may work.
Pimple formation depends on factors such as the type of bacteria present on the skin, the proportion of sebum/oils/secretions present (governed in part my hormones), and situations that promote bacterial entry and growth at the base of a hair. In certain cases, cephalexin, Doxycycline or Clindamycin may be used to treat pimples.

In brief: Not that simple...
Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. John Leander Po