What are benefits of vit d?

Many. There are so many that i feel strongly that everyone should have a level drawn and then supplement to a level of about 75. Vit d is a strong anti-inflammatory and inflammation is at the root of all the bad things that afflict our health. It prevent heart disease, diabetes, cancers of breast/colon/prostate, etc, it prevents rheumatoid, lupus, dementia and on and on.. Start today!
Yes. Vitamin D3's major role is acting as an immune regulator thereby potentially acting against some forms of cancer and may be good for the heart as well aside from its role in getting calcium to your bone. The list of benefits is very long but many still require further evaluation. Since the side effect profile is quite good, I have been recommending vit D3 to my patients for over a decade.