How often does someone with MS have swallowing problems?

COMMON=Bowel problem. Ms (multiple sclerosis) can cause 'swallowing' or bowel problems. Other major symptoms of established MS include weakness, paralysis, tingling or numbness of the limbs, loss of vision from one or both eyes, double vision, imbalance, incoordination, slurred speech, impaired bladder control, chronic pain, and profound fatigue. It is best to see MS (neurological) specialist.
Can occur. But actually quite uncommon, and in most cases due to a problem other than MS, i.e., a co-morbidity. So, if you do have "dysphagia", might ask if something new has arrived on the scene.