Random pain in the arch of my foot. Should I get scholls or podiatrist supports?

In brief: Not Dr. Scholls
Custom foot orthotics are the most appropriate choice.
Dr. Scholls inserts do not provide any support. They mostly provide some cushioning without any support. Everybody has a different arch structure and custom orthotics would be ideal.

In brief: Not Dr. Scholls
Dr. Alexander Reyzelman
Dr. Alexander Reyzelman
In brief: Random
What exactly do you mean by random pain? Is it pain the occurs in various areas of the arch? Or is it pain the doesn't occur on a regular basis.
When having pain you should have someone check it out.

In brief: Random
Dr. Tharesh Udupa
Dr. Tharesh Udupa
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry
In brief: Have it evaluated.
Heel and arch pain is most often caused by plantar fasciitis, a condition that is sometimes also called heel spur syndrome when a spur is present.
Heel pain may also be due to other causes, such as infection, tendonitis, arthritis, stress fracture, nerve irritation, retained foreign body, bone tumor, or a cyst. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.

In brief: Have it evaluated.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
In brief: SPENCO
I would avoid scholl's as the quality of the material is not as well made as spenco rx orthotic arch support available from amazon.
Com for less than $20. Also, a visit to your local podiatrist for a biomechanical evaluation may be helpful. http://drmallia.tripod.com.

In brief: SPENCO
Dr. Richard Mallia
Dr. Richard Mallia
Dr. Andrew Rice
Podiatry
In brief: Inserts
Custom fabricated foot orthotics are superior to otc inserts dr s only captures a pressure diagram and associates this to their suggested foot insert.

In brief: Inserts
Dr. Andrew Rice
Dr. Andrew Rice
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine