What would be the safest ssri for a patient with heart disease (stents)?

Cardiologists..... Please answer...... What do you think? I have always gotten the feeling that they favor zoloft, but i don't know if that is still true. Lexapro may be fine with them as well. I would love to hear what they have to say. Sounds like you may be ready to give up on the Cymbalta (duloxetine) for an ssri? In general an ssri would take the place of the cymbalta (duloxetine). Speak to your prescribing psychiatrist about this.
Lexapro (escitalopram) It is my opinion that Lexapro would be the safest. My rationale for this is that it has fewest drug drug interactions of all of the medications of its class. When you are having a cardiac condition there are a lot of drugs that can potentially interact with ssris. Citalopram which is close to lexapro, can cause potential difficulties with what is referred to as a prolonged qtc interval. It would be best to avoid that.Zoloft, paxil, (paroxetine) luvox, all have significant drug drug interactions that would be preferable to avoid. Lexapro also has the advantage of working very well in generalized anxiety disorder which often accompanies cardiac conditions. Best wishes.