I have a cold, what should I do! my throat is clot up with mucus, runny nose and my throat is very sore! any treatments you recommend?

Dr. Foster Carr
General Practice

In brief: Fluids and Rest

Modern science has not yet found a cure for the common cold.
Symptom relief is possible with decongestants/antihistamines, chloraspetic for sore throats, and tylenol (acetaminophen) for fevers and pain. If the symptoms persist for more than a few days then you should see your doctor and make sure you dont have strep throat or some other treatable illness. However strep does not usually cause a runny nose.

In brief: Fluids and Rest

Dr. Foster Carr
Dr. Foster Carr
Dr. Arnon Rubin