I have a cold, what should I do! My throat is clot up with mucus, runny nose and my throat is very sore! Any treatments you recommend?

Fluids and Rest. Modern science has not yet found a cure for the common cold. Symptom relief is possible with decongestants/antihistamines, chloraspetic for sore throats, and tylenol (acetaminophen) for fevers and pain. If the symptoms persist for more than a few days then you should see your doctor and make sure you dont have strep throat or some other treatable illness. However strep does not usually cause a runny nose.