What is the difference between impending heart attack symptoms and actual heart attack symptoms?

Continuum. Angina can be quite severe and respond to rest, oxygen, nitroglycerin. And fully recover with no muscle death. The pain fibers are the same source. Some myocardial infarction can be asymptomatic all the way to the worst, ominous, pain ever! there is heart muscle death as the defining entity may need surgery or intervention.
Not distinguishable. Not always easy to tell, based on symptoms alone, if the chest pain or pressure, radiating to arm, shoulder, neck or jaw, possibly associated with shortness of breath or nausea or sweatiness, is due to a heart attack or just a warning sign of a future heart attack. If you're having these symptoms, they're new and have not been evaluated, it would be smart to go to an er for an ecg.