If I am predisposed to autoimmune disease is first pregnancy a risk? My antirnp is 1.6, ANA 1:80, no diagnosis, no family history. Thankyou in advance

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: See details

Your lab results are unimpressive.
The ANA is borderline and the rnp is essentially normal. At age 41, there is already some increased risk for a first pregnancy.

In brief: See details

Your lab results are unimpressive.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Howard Feinberg
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

Some of the autoimmune diseases improve during pregnancy and some get worse or become evident during pregnancy.
Make sure your obstetrician knows about your tests so that they can monitor you during your pregnancy. The tests you had are not a reason to avoid pregnancy. The risks are still small.

Dr. Howard Feinberg
Dr. Howard Feinberg
Dr. Adam Levy