My kids are upset I never had colonoscopy or mammogram. Healthy and 88. Why should I bother now?

Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology

In brief: Screening

If you are healthy and planning on remaining so, wouldn't it still be advantageous to detect cancers when they are early, and potentially more curable?

In brief: Screening

Dr. Michael Gabor
Dr. Michael Gabor
Dr. Renee Harris

In brief: To stay healthy

These screening tests help to pick up problems in the breast and colon before they become serious to prevent having major procedures.
If you are healthy, being tested is a great way to remain that way.

In brief: To stay healthy

Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Shabbir Hossain

In brief: Judgement call

Its a judgment call if at 88 you need any of that stuff.
Congrats on getting to 88 without breast cancer or colons ca! but for every lucky person like yourself, there are several who are unlucky who never get tested and it's too late :(.

In brief: Judgement call

Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham