My 4 year old has been coughing/congested for 6 days - worse at night. No fever. What can I do to help? Already using vicks, humidifier and saline.

In brief: Honey
Try honey it's a natural cough suppressant.
You can also try an antihistamine like Claritin (loratadine) or zyrtec for runny nose.

In brief: Honey
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Noel Alonso
In brief: Is he wheezing?
Most cough is due to a post viral process and may take up to 2-3 weeks to completely clear. Ideally, someone should listen to your child's chest and evaluate the upper respiratory tree to determine whether they are congested, wheezing or if the lungs are making any other sounds, which may suggest pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma, or a foreign body.
The treatment will vary for each of these. Good luck!

In brief: Is he wheezing?
Dr. Noel Alonso
Dr. Noel Alonso
Dr. Cindy Juster