Is it better to go to high end spa for mani pedi?

Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Unknown

I assume you are asking regarding the risk of infection one may incur. Don't assume "high end" means decreased risk of infection.
Ask the owner/manager how they clean the instruments, see if your state regulates these and check their license, and ask others who have gone to that salon. Do not shave legs 1-2 days before going for a pedicure; this has been shown to increase chances of infection.

In brief: Unknown

Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. Carin Van Gelder

In brief: Find out how

Equipment is used or sterlized/ cleaned.
For instance, if a corn husker is used - is a new blade used for each client. This is one area that can often be problematic. One area of common sense - is that if a place looks dirty in general - they may also not attend to cleanliness of instruments.

In brief: Find out how

Dr. Adam Smith