Hysterectomy? Should i remove the ovaries? I had triple positive breast cancer five years ago. Or just have an oblation? I have three week period

Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Why?

Are you asking because you are concerned about ovarian cancer risk or about reducing the risk of breast cancer recurrence? Either way, more info is needed (stage, treatment, family history, etc.
). I suggest you talk to your oncologist and go over the risks of recurrence of the cancer you had, risk of a second breast primary, and risk of ovarian cancer. Best to you.

In brief: Why?

Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Dr. Michael Thompson
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Risk analysis

This can't be answered specifically in 400 characters with that amount of data.
You should talk to a genetic counselor to carefully review breast cancer risk factors inclluding family history. It is also important to know what treatment you had (and may still be on) as well as menopausal status. (i'm confused that your profile says 46yo male).

In brief: Risk analysis

Dr. Michael Thompson
Dr. Michael Thompson
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery