I have really thick ankles not from being over weight. I have an athletic body and I am trying to find a way to make them smaller. Anything for me?

Dr. Robert Meislin
Sports Medicine
In brief: Cankles
Not sure there are any easy ways around this.
You just want to ensure from your primary care physician that you are not experiencing any fluid overload in your system that can manifest as "pitting edema" in your ankle region. Consult your athletic trainer for specific exercises to develop proprioceptive skills, and balance.

In brief: Cankles
Dr. Robert Meislin
Dr. Robert Meislin
Dr. Darryl Blinski
In rare cases I preform superficial liposuction.
Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Not Really
If you are not overweight, this may just be the way that you are built.
There isn't much down there besides bone, tendon, and other vital structures with just a thin layer of skin. While aerobic exercise and calf resistance exercises can increase the tone and size of the muscle, you may just have to embrace your "thick ankles.".

In brief: Not Really
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine