My partner died when murdered. I don't deserve to eat i feel like a bad person and a burden on my therapist and i fear weight gain. Is this anorexia

Dr. Syed H. Sajid

In brief: Grief, depression

Death of a spouse or significant other, is a major loss.
Duration of patient's symptoms is important. Grief is usually 2 months in duration and feelings of not deserving to eat, a burden on the therapist, thoughts about being bad are more consistant with depression or grief. Just fear of gaining weight is not enough for the diagnosis of anorexia nervosa.Thanks.

In brief: Grief, depression

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Grieving

It is grieving and maybe some depression.
Are you drinking? Using any substances that might be making it worse? Need a new therapist? Talking to someone who is a friend? Is family close?

In brief: Grieving

Dr. William Forsythe