I am having very frequent dark sticky bowel movements today. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: A change for you?
If it is a change in your usual bowel habit, can not be definitely related to diet change, and especially if associated with other symptoms, e.
g. Pain, nausea, lightheadedness, cramps, bleeding, fever, sweats, etc. Definitely call your doc. If stool is black (like tar) or maroon-call doc now, or go to er.

In brief: A change for you?
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
3 comments
Dr. Arthur Heller
Call your doc; need to get seen
Dr. Pam Yoder
Thanks for the update and for Dr Heller's additional answer.
Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Great Q for GI doc
Thanks for your question.
As ht chief of engagement, i know most of the top docs and will refer your q to the appropriate ones. Expect to see more answers, and don't hesitate to follow me. @drpam.

In brief: Great Q for GI doc
Thanks for your question.
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Vicken Poochikian