I need a diet that limits risk of cancer and stroke (my parents had them) and helps me lose weight at 60.?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology
In brief: See your doctor.
See your doctor to be sure of a diet that lowers risk of cancer and stroke.
Stroke is mainly due to a history of hypertension, and atherosclerosis, so a low cholesterol, low salt diet would be best. A diet high in fiber can reduce risk for colon cancer, and fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants. Stop smoking and lower drinking to further reduce risk. Again see your doctor to be sure.

In brief: See your doctor.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Robert Warner
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Fiber
Fortunately there really does seem to be a "healthy diet" that is good for prevention of cardiovascular disease as well as cancer.
Low fat, high fiber (think >20gm) and a variety of vegetables and fruits. Activity is good, and of course be sure your blood sugar and blood pressure are normal.If you follow this, it should be hard not to loose weight. 1 glass of wine ok, other alcohol=useless calories.

In brief: Fiber
Dr. Robert Warner
Dr. Robert Warner
Dr. Marsha Davis