Sharp pain in right shoulder, left side pain, missed period. What is happening?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
In brief: Ectopic pregnancy
The shoulder pain may be from "air" or fluid under the breathing muscle(diaphragm) irritating the phrenic nerve from a ruptured ovarian cyst or ectopic pregnancy.
Get a pregnancy test and examination by a gyn to sort out all the possiblities.

In brief: Ectopic pregnancy
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Renee Harris
In brief: Depends
The most dangerous thing would be a tubal pregnancy.
It can cause internal bleeding and can be life threatening. These types of pregnancies usually present with side pain and shoulder blade pain early in the pregnancy. I would recommend being evaluated as soon as possible. If you are not pregnant, it could be an ovarian cyst, or a myriad of other things.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham