How do I get rid of stress? Meditation or exercise?

Dr. Janet Greenhut
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Both are good
No one can get rid of stress completely.
So it's important to learn how to manage stress. It boils down to avoid, alter, and adapt. In other words, avoid whatever stress you can and change what you can. If you can't do either of those then meditation and exercise are both good stress reducers when they're done regularly, ie, every day.

In brief: Both are good
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Chris Oh
In brief: Exercise
Exercise helps stress reduction.
I would not recommend medications even though benzodiazepines can have a calming effect. Yoga, lifestyle modifications help too.

In brief: Exercise
Exercise helps stress reduction.
Dr. Chris Oh
Dr. Chris Oh
Dr. Pamela Pappas
I agree, but the patient was asking about "mediTAtion" rather than "mediCAtion."
Dr. Vicken Poochikian