What is best OTC treatment for dry eyes? Got that way when I hit 80.

Dr. LINDA VARGAS
Ophthalmology

In brief: I have two

One of my favorites is systane balance 2 -4 times a day in each eye and genteal gel at bedtime.
Other helpful simple treatments are lid scrubs using either cetaphil facial cleanser for gentle skin (liquid) and washing your eyelids and lashes each night or ocusoft scrubs and flaxseed oil capsules 2000 mg a day. It's important to discuss this with your eye doctor and have a thorough exam.

In brief: I have two

Dr. LINDA VARGAS
Dr. LINDA VARGAS
Dr. Daniel Reinharth

In brief: Artificial Tears

Artificial tears can help the discomfort of dry eyes.
They should be available in any drug store. Please be sure to be checked by an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) to be sure you're right that it's simply dry eyes.

In brief: Artificial Tears

Dr. Daniel Reinharth
Dr. Daniel Reinharth
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Dry eye

Dry eye is very common.
I would try artificial tears frequently during the day, ointment at night, warm compresses 1-2 times a day, and omega-3 fatty acid supplements. If no improvement, see an eye doctor.

In brief: Dry eye

Dry eye is very common.
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley