What could be wrong with me? When I eat too much salty food I get foot swelling. Bp normal.

In brief: Retainig water
Salt causes increased water retention in the body.

In brief: Retainig water
Dr. Albert Larocca
Dr. Albert Larocca
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
In brief: Salt and edema
You are describing mild edema; this occurs from excess salt and when feet are in dependent position - such as sitting and standing - you may have a kidney condition that makes you prone to fluid retention; you need an evaluation;

In brief: Salt and edema
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
In brief: Fluid retention.
Any type of salt whether sprinkled on or already in food can result in fluid retention.

In brief: Fluid retention.
Dr. Raymond Stolarski
Dr. Raymond Stolarski
In brief: Sounds like BP
Still could be too much salt even if your BP is normal.

In brief: Sounds like BP
Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Malinda Linn
In brief: Normal reaction
Eating too much salt causes your body to retain fluids, which is a problem for people with heart conditions.
Drinking plenty of water and limiting the salt in your diet, along with regular exercise, can improve your swelling.

In brief: Normal reaction
Dr. Malinda Linn
Dr. Malinda Linn
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology