I have rashes on my skin, mainly hands and body - what's going on?

See a dermatologist. It is very difficult to comment on rashes without being able to visulaize them. A dermatologist can off er you the most help for this problem.
A number of things. Rashes can be caused by infections (bacterial, viral, or fungal) or by non-infectious processes. Your doctor should be able to sort this out with a thorough examination. See one soon.