Should I worry if I had herpes and am pregnant? I mean, I can't go back.

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
In brief: Maybe
You should be prepared to have a cesarean delivery.
If you have active herpes lesions when you are in labor, or if you have symptoms of an outbreak about to happen (itching, tingling, irritation, etc) when you are in labor, then you need to have a cesarean to protect your baby from the herpes virus.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Malinda Linn
In brief: Discuss with doctor
You can have a successful pregnancy and delivery with herpes.
Be sure your doctor knows your history and if you have outbreaks it may be necessary for you to take medications. Sometimes it is necessary to have a c-section but your doctor will discuss all of the risks with you and help you make the right decision for you and your child.

In brief: Discuss with doctor
Dr. Malinda Linn
Dr. Malinda Linn
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham