Please help! dark brown strands in stool. Could it be the oreos I ate?

Dr. Traci Buxton
In brief: Probably not
Some foods cause your stool to change color but oreos should not cause the stool changes you describe.
I wouldn't worry if this issue occurred 1 time, but if you notice stool changes for more than a few days, see your doctor.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Traci Buxton
Dr. Traci Buxton
Dr. Chris Oh
In brief: No
Oreos wil be digested by the time you have a bm. Any dark stool needs to be tested to make sure that it is not blood - you should see your doctor for blood test as well as rectal heme test to make sure you are not bleeding internally.

In brief: No
Dr. Chris Oh
Dr. Chris Oh
Dr. Keegan Duchicela