Does acupuncture helps in alopecia areata?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology

In brief: May

It may help but results are unpredictable and variable.
If the hair loss is too extensive or resistant to traditional medical treatment, acupuncture may help .Ask acupuncturist how many e/she has treted and achieved positive response.

In brief: May

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Lawrence Judy

In brief: No

While acupuncture has traditionally been used in china for various dermatological conditions, there is currently no supporting research-based evidence for its effectiveness.

In brief: No

Dr. Lawrence Judy
Dr. Lawrence Judy

In brief: Sometimes

Repetitite use of a plum blossom may help to stimulate hair growth.

In brief: Sometimes

2 comments
Dr. Saurabh Lodha
Alopecia Areata can be difficult to treat. I recommend seeking dermatologic care. Sometimes, the injection of medications or the application of medications to the scalp can help.
I agree Dr. Lodha