I have iud, is it bad not having your period at all? I have not had one for 7 yrs... And people say its not healthy(toxins, weight loss/gain etc)

In brief: IUD safe

It is a common misconception that not having a menstrual period is unhealthy there are some situations where this is true but not the case with the iud .
The reason why many patients do not get menstrual periods with the iud is that part of its mechanism of action is keeping the uterine lining thin or unfavorable for implantation. Most health concerns are related to a thick linings, not thin.

In brief: IUD safe

Dr. Kimberly Haycraft-Williams
Dr. Kimberly Haycraft-Williams
Dr. Jane Van Dis