I was not conscious. Therefore the concern. I went out completely. They made sure I was out. Yet the nurse said I woke up and looked around. ?

Dr. Matt Malkin
Anesthesiology
In brief: Sedation
Most likely you were given sedation, not general anesthesia.
A sedation will keep you comfortable and breathing on your own, though you may have no memory of the procedure. To answer more fully would require a review of the procedure notes.

In brief: Sedation
Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Edward Smith
Neurology
In brief: Vague
Your question does not provide the proper framework to judge your concerns over consciousness.
Was this post-traumatic, post-operative, due to drugs, a seizure, low blood sugar, high blood pressure, fright, pain?

In brief: Vague
Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery