Got diagnosis with hpv, had cone biopsy 4 yrs ago and normal pap since. Do I still have hpv? Can it still affect me, my hubby and child?

Dr. Walter Kobasa
In brief: MAYBE
The cone biopsy got rid of the abnormality on the pap smear.
There is a percentage of people where the hpv clears, but in others it is still present though not affecting your pap smear it might cause problems in you, but raelly should have no effect on your child.

In brief: MAYBE
Dr. Walter Kobasa
Dr. Walter Kobasa
Dr. Leto Quarles
In brief: Can be retested
Hpv is equally likely to do any of 3 things: go away, stay the same, or get worse (warts or cancer).
A cone biopsy removes most of the hpv from your body, but you should continue to have follow-up to make sure. Testing (or retesting) can be done with a swab to check for high-risk types of hpv. You are not contageous to your children, but there is now a vaccine available for both boys and girls.

In brief: Can be retested
Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Shontae Buffington