It feels like a have a rash or allergic reaction on my lips. What can I do to help? I haven taken benedryl and applied lip balms & nothing helps

Dr. Reid Blackwelder

In brief: Likely time

One important issue is how long you have had the reaction, and whether or not the swelling is spreading.
A more serious reaction can cause swelling of lips, and the area inside the mouth including the airway, called angioedema.So if spreading see someone!it can also be an infection like herpes/cold sores.Otherwise, avoid anything that might have triggered the reaction, Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and time should work.

In brief: Likely time

Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Reid Blackwelder