I have shampoo in my eyes and it is a little red should I seek medical attention ?

Dr. Alan Mindlin
Ophthalmology

In brief: Shampoo in eyes

The eyes are usually quite resilient and this is a really commomplace occurence daily.
If the pain or redness does not go away within a day presuming it happened in the morning then you should seek medical evaluation.

In brief: Shampoo in eyes

Dr. Alan Mindlin
Dr. Alan Mindlin
Dr. Tim Conrad
Ophthalmology

In brief: No

If it hurts, rinse your eyes with water. A little irritation is expected and will resolve in a day or so.

In brief: No

Dr. Tim Conrad
Dr. Tim Conrad
Dr. Lisa Rankin
ADHD & Autism

In brief: Probably not needed

Usually all that is necessary is to flush the eyes with water and to allow the natural secretions of the eye wash out the shampoo.
If you can sit with your eyes closed this will facilitate this process. At times an ingredient will cause an allergic reaction and the redness may not resolve with just flushing. There are over the counter products that can help and the pharmacist can show you.

In brief: Probably not needed

Dr. Lisa Rankin
Dr. Lisa Rankin