How accurate is a xray for detecting kidney stones because its been a month since I was diagnosed and still no stone can it be something else in there?

Kidney stones. For a very large kidney stone we may use an xray to trac it, however the small stone requires a ct to see them. Ct's give alot of raditation and nust be used with discretion, for your own health. Nothing is perfect, but searching for a small stone, and other ureteral or renal problems a ct may give you the best diagnostic options.
Not very. There is little role for an abdominal xray when helical ct is available. An x-ray will identify sufficiently large radiopaque stones such as calcium, struvite, and cystine stones, but will miss uric acid stones. It may miss small stones or ones overlying bony structures. It is not the imaging method of choice for initial diagnosis.